Practical Strategies for Vacation Home Owners
Owning a vacation home in a cooler region is a luxury, but managing your seasonal items can sometimes be a logistical nightmare. Here’s how you can make it a breeze:
- Efficient storing of seasonal items: Instead of the tiresome routine of moving belongings back and forth between your primary and vacation homes, consider leasing a storage unit near your vacation home. This way, whether it’s your skiing gear or beach essentials, they’re available right when you need them.
- Protection against the weather: Particularly during hurricane season, climate-controlled storage units prove invaluable in safeguarding your belongings. Take an extra step by investing in waterproof bins to fortify your items’ protection.
- Assessing your storage needs: The nature and volume of your stored items dictate your storage needs. If it’s a boat or RV, a drive-up unit may be ideal. For sensitive items like a vintage wine collection, a climate-controlled unit would be more appropriate. A thorough evaluation is crucial.
Essential Tips for Vacation Home Rentals
When it comes to vacation rentals, your property’s appeal and storage management are critical. Here’s what you need to know:
- Utilizing a storage unit to keep non-essential items out of sight helps maintain a clutter-free, inviting space for your potential guests.
- Storing work-related items like cleaning supplies and extra linens at your primary residence may blur the line between personal and professional life. A separate storage unit helps maintain this balance.
- Remember that self-storage expenses related to your rental business could be tax-deductible. To confirm, do consult with your tax advisor.
Storage Advice for Long-Term Travelers
The prospect of leaving your possessions behind before a long vacation can seem overwhelming. Here’s how you can mitigate this stress:
- Evaluate the quantity and nature of the items you need to store. This inventory will inform the size and type of storage unit you’ll require.
- Proper stacking of items can prevent potential damage and optimize space. Ensure heavier items are at the bottom and fragile ones are securely wrapped.
- Procuring travel and storage insurance can add another layer of protection and peace of mind against unforeseen circumstances.
- Choose a trusted individual — a friend, relative, or neighbor — to check on your storage unit periodically. They can report any concerns and help in maintaining the unit.
- Set up autopay for your storage rent to avoid unintentionally missed payments. This is especially important when traveling with potentially irregular access to reminders or emails.
- Detailed labeling simplifies the unpacking process upon your return. It’s also helpful if you or your designated person need to locate specific items in your absence.
Self-storage solutions offer far more than just extra space. They provide peace of mind that allows you to fully relish your summer, whether you’re nestled in a vacation home or traversing the globe. Use these tips to simplify and enhance your summer adventures with the help of self-storage!
Trust Extra Room Self Storage To Keep Your Belongings Safe
Before you hit the road, don’t forget to make arrangements for your belongings. Extra Room Self Storage is the perfect solution for long-term travelers and vacation homeowners. We offer a wide range of services, including climate-controlled storage and vehicle storage, perfect for your cars, trucks, boats, and RVs.
Plus, we offer a variety of convenient payment options, so you can find a plan that fits your budget. Contact Extra Room Self Storage today and let us help you keep your belongings safe and secure while you’re away on vacation.
Are you ready to simplify your storage and enjoy a hassle-free summer? Call us at Myrtle Beach (854) 854-1462; North Charleston (843) 405-2357; Pawleys Island (843) 894-4406; Moncks Corner (843) 970-9715, or contact us online today!